20 Jul 2012

holiday update


I have to begin with my favourite place on this entire island. Introducing the 'Valley of the Butterflies'!
It does what it says on the tin really, it is a valley of butterflies, but also one of the most beautiful places that I've ever been. Under a near complete cover of trees in the shade of the valley, you start from the bottom and make your way upward following a winding path of rock and twig situated to the side of small streams, miniature waterfalls and rockery filled with beautiful butterflies resting before they all spread their wings and flutter upwards and throughout the valley. It really is the stuff of wonderland.
Every year, my mam and I sneak off for a glass of wine and some tzaziki to share. It really is one of the highlights of my holidays. Local dry white in the greek sun with my favourite person while my dad and brother are nowhere to be seen (or heard) could not be an any better way to spend the hottest hours of the afternoon!


I shall leave you with some Mungo Jerry before I head off to the beautiful town of Lindos for an early dinner with the family and some souvenir shopping, watch this space!! 
xx


No comments: