27 Nov 2011

wait a minute mr postman


Upon hearing the the doorbell chime at around 11.30 this morning, the only thoughts running through my head were that of, 'please let someone else be awake so that I don't have to get up' and 'there is no way that i'm leaving the comfort of my bed', however, no footsteps where to be heard throughout the house and there was no opening and closing of doors. With this, the thought occurred to me that perhaps the parcel was mine and I near enough leapt out of bed. I was so glad to have forced myself out of bed. My absolutely incredible mother had sent me one of my favourite, but as good as unworn, dresses, my pearls and my headband for a 1920's themed night out that I shall be attending soon this month and some money to keep me going! This definitely made my whole day. Also, I got 99 photos for 99p from snapfish.com which were delivered today. How exciting!

Now, the money I was supposed to be using to 'keep me going' was probably intended for food and bills but upon a visit to Falmouth's vintage flea market with the darling Annie and Suzie, I found this Charlotte Halton shirt. I am led to believe (courtesy of my mammy) that before River island was River island, it was Chelsea girl, but before it was Chelsea girl it was Charlotte Halton! I love sheer shirts at the moment but topshop is just so expensive considering that I am a poor student, so this was not only vintage and beautiful enough to catch my eye, but was a purse stealing six pound! I am so pleased with my purchase, not to mention a lovely day with friends well spent!



7 comments:

AndréiaFSalim said...

Your blog is awesome! ;)) I love this post! :) You follow each other? I hope your answer on MY BLOG ... And then I'll follow you BACK !!!!!!! XOXOXOXO

A big kiss from Brazil !;):):)
http://deiafsalim.blogspot.com/

piglet said...

I love getting packages :) cute dress and blouse! lovely blog, following you :)

xoxo
piglet

http://pigletscloset.blogspot.com

Lisamello said...

Oh I might try out that snapfish deal, Tesco are just too much atm!

And I love the top, I love anything with polka dots :D

Lisamello xx

Dee said...

I really like your blog, I'm a new follower =)

Lafashionfolie said...

oo what a fab vintage find! My mum lead me to believe River Island used to be Chelsea Girl too...

Love you blog- shall we follow each other's blog?

Sophie x

http://lafashionfolie.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

That shirt is lovely :)
No one answers the door in my house...I always have 'collect your packet from royal mail' cards lying on the floor!

catsandbrogues.blogspot.com

helen @ thelovecatsINC said...

this is so sweet!

also, just wanted to say that i love your blog and will definitely be keeping up with future posts!

from, helen @ thelovecatsINC

http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com