23 Nov 2011

Santa baby

It may only be the twenty third of November and the trees may still be full of copper leaves, but that isn't going to stop my thoughts reeling towards the festivities of December. To say that I am excited for Christmas would be an absolute understatement. With one essay still to write and a Christmas cake to bake for my university family, I still have two weeks before I begin my travels back to Swansea (where no doubt my mum will feed me up like a stuffed turkey and wrap me up in scarves and mittens).  With plans to make mince pies, drink mulled wine and get the Christmas decorations down from the attic, how on earth am I expected to concentrate on a 3000 word essay on 'Cultural Theory'? I have decided, quite simply, that if I blog about this childish hope for yet another wonderful Christmas, it shall be out of my system and I shall be free to focus entirely on the pretentious wittering of the likes of Foucault and other such theorists! Of course, I don't really resent this essay writing (or the theorists, however pretentious their writing is or not) as much as I am claiming, getting started is just such a huge effort for which I seem to be devoid of motivation. However, back to the festive spirit!
I thought I would share my Christmas list for 2011.
Pretty underwear is something I ask for every year.  A girl can never, ever, have too much underwear (although I must admit, when my vintage 'Selfridges' box (where I store my undies) started to break, I did consider that I maybe need a clear out before I buy anymore!
Perfume, and Marc Jacobs Daisy is my absolute favourite (although I'm not particularly fussy, as long as it smells pretty then I'm sold!)
This year I would love some cake decorating tools! There isn't much of a better feeling than having decorated 12 cupcakes to the best of your ability and just sitting there admiring them (until the rest of the family swoops in and gobble up your beautiful creations!).


However, Christmas isn't all about the presents.
It's about family and there is nothing more I would like for Christmas than to spend it with them eating crackers and drinking wine! (Although, take note Santa, if you want to wrap up a nice boy to put under my Christmas tree, I definitely will not be complaining, Thanks!!)
Glad to have that out of my system, hope you all are as excited as I am!!

12 comments:

S. said...

So cute things :)

Love
/S / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com

AmyBell said...

That perfume smells so lovely! and a girl can never have too much nice underwear, it's the law..

www.amybell-thelittlemagpie.blogspot.com

khusbu said...

hey check out my international giveaway

http://stylescrap-khusbu.blogspot.com/2011/11/giveaway.html#comment-form

lisa signorini said...

cute blog!
Visit my blog, and if it like u, became my new follower!! (I follow back!)
www.thecurlylady.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

I'm the same, I keep thinking about Christmas instead of concentrating on uni work. Glad it's not just me! Good luck with your essay xx

Nina said...

loved this post! the first image, is adorable!!hope you cn check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration.xo

Sam said...

I absolutely love the words in your first picture. Hope you get everything on your Xmas wish list :)

Isobel Masters said...

such a cute collection of stuff!

CMA said...

this is awesome, keep it up! i'll definitely be coming back!
and i hope you'll come by and visit sometime soon!

yiqin; said...

i love the marc jacobs perfume :)

GlamorousGirl said...

love it!

http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

Annie said...

Beautiful as always <3