29 Aug 2011

all work, no play.

Okay, so I've been working pretty hard recently. I pull pints and spill sambucca at a lovely little music venue called 'The Garage'. Granted, I haven't been working there so long, but I think i'm getting the hang of it and have made such lovely friends so far! Everyone there is so happy and, yes,  it really is infectious. Basically, what i'm trying to say is that I love my job. Tomorrow will be my fourth night in a row as it's the last night of the Uplands festival. However, as i've barely found the energy I need to walk the dog in the daytimes, most of them have been spent on my sofa watching films and wandering the internet for inspiration and ideas. I thought I would share a few seeing as everyone needs a bit of inspiration every now and again!!


Nearing the end of August, we begin to realise that, naturally, September is going to march in with all its copper leaves and cold sun to remind us that it's nearly time to return to school (or perhaps, college and university in my case). I found this cute little checklist for 'Tips for back to school shopping'. Now, as i'm sure that we all love shopping, we don't really need too muh advice about it (except of course on how to put our purses away) but this is just a sweet like reminder to buy some paper and invest in a good bag and pair of shoes..afterall, they have to endure the overwhelming awsomeness of how you look while you storming the corridors for handsome boys to crush on for the year (and of course to take the weight of all those heavy reference books we will be forced to carry around like donkeys).
The  parents have been away on holiday in sunny and beautifully hot Greece this week and so i've had to wonderful task of taking care of, what essentially is becoming a farm but in reality is just, a few chickens, Casper my beautiful dog and the fishpond. However, it isn't without its downside. Our egg basket is overflowing!! Due to the afore mentioned tiredness and lack of motivation to even move, I haven't been able to do any proper baking. This simple recipe for Raspberry and chocolate muffins has completely inspired me to use some of those eggs! Here is the link for these delicious treats!






Now, I shouldn't bore you with my absolute obsession with the 1960's, but I find that I will. Born in the wrong era, as one of my best friends has told me in the past, I feel that my heart belongs the sixties. The clothes!! The big earrings, the cat-eye makeup and, of course, the shift dresses! Having looked at the River Island website recently, contemplating what to spend my money on (clothes or homeware for second year university?), I stumbled across an array of sixties inspired designs! This beautiful dress stood out to me immediately and so much so that I tried it on in the shop....I'm waiting untill pay day! Definately check some of the things out, and even if the sixties isn't your scene, there are beautiful burgandy and copper coloured maxi skirts that i'm sure you'll be as eager to get your hands on as i am!!



Stay beautiful x