18 Jun 2009

close is close enough

I am wearing a floral dress from Primark, as embarrassing as that may be, a mens cardigan and a string of my Grandma's costume pearls. I do have a pair of 'geek' glasses on aswell as a brown waist belt, also from Primark.

Today i found this lovely playsuit in a local charity shop whilst on my travels in the rain. It was £4.00 complete with tags and i have great intention to wear it over my bikini on the beach all summer long. I have a feeling i will definately be revisiting this newly discovered charity shop again.


Having finished exams for a while, my free time has been spent baking cupcakes and drawing, two things of which i havent done much of recently. Seen as i was at it i thought i'd share my basic cupcake/fairy cake recipe with you which can also be used to make victoria sponge or birthday cake!
Ingredients-
6oz Flour
6oz Sugar
6oz Margerine
3 eggs
1 drop of vanilla essense
teaspoon of baking powder
Margerine
Icing sugar (for buttercream icing -optional)
Recipe-
1. Cream the sugar and margerine together
2. Fold in the Flour, eggs, vanilla essense and baking powder
3. Mix ingredients together untill smooth and thick
4. Spoon into cake cases and put in oven for around 8-10 minuates at about 180 degrees
5. For Buttercream icing, mix the magerine and icing sugar, gradually adding icing sugar untill sweet and fluffy
Happy Baking :)

1 comment:

Brónagh Kennedy said...

I love the playsuit, it's gorgeous!
I can't believe you got it for four pounds!

Bx http://glamourandgrungefashion.blogspot.com/